As part of your routine visits to Friendly Smiles, Dr. Krupa and Dr. Dheeren provide oral cancer screenings in West Deptford, New Jersey. These exams help identify any abnormalities that may have developed in your mouth. Call our office at 856-464-1141 to learn more details and schedule a visit with our dentists.
One of the most important things about cancer treatment is early detection. Unfortunately, most cases of oral cancer are only treated once they become more serious. That is why our dentists and team offer oral cancer screening to help keep your mouth (and body) healthy. When we refer to oral cancer, we include cancers of the lips, tongue, palates, cheeks, throat and sinuses. As part of your normal dental exams, our dentists will conduct an oral cancer screening to help detect any early signs of cancer.
Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A sore or abscess in the mouth or on the face or neck that does not heal within three weeks and bleeds or discharges easily
- Numbness or unexpected soreness in the face, neck or mouth
- Consistent earaches
- Repeated sore throat or trouble swallowing, as if something is stuck at the back of the throat
- Rough spots or bumps on the gums, lips or other soft tissues of the mouth
- Red-and-white speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty closing your mouth, swallowing, speaking or chewing.
If you suspect that you have oral cancer or if you would like to schedule a screening, contact our dental office today and schedule an appointment with our dentists.